Dienstag, 5. Juni 2012

Wie geht's?

Hallo, Freunde. Wie geht's? ("How's it going?") All is well here. It's chilly, but I don't remember it actually raining today, luckily. Nothing is really new. Classes were good, the day was long, my brain was absolutely exhausted--but tomorrow we go on our first excursion, to Wannsee, which will be extremely interesting and thought-provoking. We'll be visiting the former house and now-museum of the Jewish-German artist Max Liebermann, and then we'll see the house in which the Wannsee Conference--that is, the conference at which Hitler was not present but at which, nevertheless, the Nazi "Final Solution to the Jewish Problem" was really lain out and delineated, at which an estimate of the size of Europe's Jewish population was given and the logistics of deportations, labor camps, and death camps were discussed. I will definitely take pictures and make a blog post about our excursion when I get home tomorrow night.
I forgot to mention that yesterday after classes I strolled around Berlin with some of my classmates, mainly in the famous and fancy "Unter den Linden" Street area, where I bought some souvenirs and a new, bigger German dictionary, since all I brought with me was a pocket-sized one.
Today, during our lunch break, I went with my classmates to the big student Mensa at the main campus building, where I also broke down and finally purchased some things from the Uni shop, which I had been considering for quite some time. I got a Freie Universität hoodie (or, Pulli), T-shirt, and messenger bag, and I received a student discount on the T-shirt and bag, so I am now a very satisfied customer and a very proud student. :-D And now, for a series of very bad pictures of these items:








Currently, I'm just sitting listening to Max and getting ready to do some studying before bed.

Also...bis Morgen!

Gruß

-Monika

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen