Mittwoch, 30. Mai 2012

A Relatively Short Post

So, today was the first real day of class, and it was unbelievably difficult to get up at 7 AM...which is why I didn't get up at 7 AM. But tomorrow and every day thereafter, I'm really going to try not to hit snooze four times, or even once.

My course is great, and it's a lot of fun. And I can really say that I'm being challenged. I'm still nervous because my speaking skills aren't as good as the others in the class, who have been studying German for probably five years on average. One girl is a Masters student, graduating in the fall, and another girl lived in Germany doing a homestay for a year when she was in high school. It's still intimidating, and I just worry that the teacher is going to kick me out of the class or something, but I've done my homework--three exercises, plus a writing assignment--and spoke up in class today, even when I knew I wasn't going to be able to make a lot of sense...so I just hope it all is ok and that the teacher likes me. That's what I'm most nervous about right now, I think. I just hope she gives me a chance, because she knows I've only had one year of Deutsch and am really going to try my best.

So other than being kind of bummed about the uncertainty of how I'll do, the class was really fun, and I think I smiled a lot today. It was really enjoyable, plus I had another Currywurst mit Pommes for lunch. Really, I think I've come across the best Currywurst in all of Berlin...

No pictures today, but maybe tomorrow. Or maybe not. I have a five- to ten-minute oral presentation project due FRIDAY (?!), so I have to start work on that tomorrow night for sure. All you saints who, in your earthly lives, hailed from German-speaking lands, pray for me! :-X

Gruß

-Monika

P.S. Family: I will be in touch as soon as I get the chance! But in the meantime, I love you, and I hope you have a good week!

1 Kommentar:

  1. hallo my girl!!
    well, it does sound challenging, but I know you would rather that than be bored. And I'm sure you will do just fine. One thing you've got to remind yourself, is that they have been doing this alot longer than us!! When they do a placement test, and placement, I think they are comfortable with their decisions..so..I'm sure you will do very well in this teacher's class. And obviously, being around the masters student, etc, will only help make your German stronger. Plus , it might be kinda nice to not have to necessarily "lead" the class all the time, if you know what I mean. Anway, God Bless you, eat well, drink lots of water, and rest alot. What a great reward for your first week of class..MAX!!! it will be so much fun baby! I'm writing in the dark because my lightbulb just birned out. I also, again, had to turn off the music on this page..cuz your little pup starts crying...he really does..but he is fine now! We love you...we miss you, and we know you will have a great time in this class...and btw John Gibson saya when you come back, he really wants to have lunch or something so you will speak to him in German!!! ok..i love you baby

    let me kow if you need ANYTHING!
    love you always
    PAPA

    AntwortenLöschen